Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Mountain Bike Nationals

So, yeah, I got a middle-of-the-road seventh in the cross country race when MTB Nats were recently held at Sol Vista, Colorado. I was fine with that performance, because the next morning I went out and won the Super-D. Granted, they wouldn't let me race in Pro (since I don't hold a Pro DH or XC license), so I just won my age category. But I rode and strategized well, so I'm happy with my win.

I do have a cool new jersey; USA Cycling gives you a Stars and Bars when you win at Nats. And if you win a gravity event, you get a sweet gravity style jersey. None of those sissy short sleeves and pockets for me!

I'll try to get some more photos, but for now, here's my lone podium shot.

1 comment:

WPG said...

Great job. Let us know when/if you come back home in the fall so we can all get together for a ride or something.