Monday, November 09, 2009

Sickness + Racing = Pretty Fast, Actually


I've been in and out this cross season. In mid-October a really nasty cold put me out of commission with a gurgling lung (yeah, icky). Just last week did I feel like I was coming back into form, and I was stoked for a double race weekend. I did all of my race prep Friday night, ate a good meal, and went to sleep early.....only to wake up with a migraine and promptly relieve myself of that meal. Again, icky.

And then I had a great moment. I thought, "I'm already at the bottom, anything I do today will be a win". So I drove up to Lafayette, entered the race, and got a respectable 14th in the Open class, right smack in the middle of the 3s (Categories 1, 2, and 3 commonly compete together here but are scored separately). Pretty darn good for a girl who couldn't keep her dinner down. Just goes to show you don't know what you can do until you try!

No comments: