Sunday, November 29, 2009

Engineering update

I'm sitting in Pike's Perk with my mom and friend Jesse, typing on my new Netbook. Yes, a netbook. Against all sense of self-preservation, I bought an ittle-bittle computer on Black Friday. Thankfully we only spent about 15 minutes in the big box store buying it.

Why buy a computer? Well, I found out recently that my engineering lab is closing April 16th, leaving me without a normal (engineering) job, and much worse, without my work computer.

So what am I going to do? Run and get another engineering job so I can buy a spiffy new car? Hopefully not. I'm working to get two sources of income. First, I'm trying to get a job teaching at the University level (I knew I suffered through that Master's for something!).


Second, as a few friends know, I've been increasing my coaching knowledge over the last year. I earned my USA Cycling level 3 coaching license, and coached my first athlete throughout the season, as well as coaching at USA Cycling's Talent ID Camps. Now I am enrolled in USA Cycling's Level 2 Coaching clinic and actively expanding my coaching business. So, I will keep you all informed as I make the transition over the next few months. Wish me luck as I prepare for April 17th!

No comments: