Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Teaching Thermodynamics II

As many of you know, I've been out of the bike racing action due to an unlucky crash and a dislocated elbow. As I work my back into full range of motion (physical therapy is an exercise in pain endurance), I've been busy with my new job: Teaching at the Mechanical and Aerospace Department of at UCCS (University of Colorado at Colorado Springs). I have been pleasantly surprised with the level of devotion to the topic by the students, as well as the intellectual challenges to myself. Thermo is not easy to learn, and I'm discovering it's even harder to teach. But very fulfilling. And, I have a captive audience for my bad jokes. Ha!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You would be a super cool teacher! You are an excellent bike coach! If I lived in Colorado Springs I might take up Thermo!
Happy Holidays!