Monday, February 08, 2010

USA Cycling Level 2 Coach

Like life, the Level 2 Coaching Clinic recently held here in Colorado Springs gave more the more you worked at it. So, I sat in the front row, took lots of notes, and hopefully didn't annoy the instructors with too many questions. I loved going back to "school"! As a result, I am feeling even more confident in my capabilities and knowledge as a coach. I didn't realize until the clinic just how much experience I already had under my belt; Working with the Junior Talent ID camps, as well as having already coached an athlete through a very successful season has taught me much already. But the clinic was so much more than just classroom learning. I was lucky to meet and learn with many other coaches from around the country, as well as go on rides, show them the nightlife (well, you know, the Colorado Springs nightlife), and eat delicious food at the Olympic Training Center.
Now I'm busy applying all that I've learned as a coach with my growing number of athletes. Holy cow, this is exciting!

No comments: