Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Don't Be Afraid to Succeed

This morning I was gifted with a great piece of advice; "Don't be afraid to succeed" said the man in the coffeeshop after I explained that I was really into mountain biking. Great wisdom is in that statement. It's as though we are afraid to truly excel, afraid to shake up our "this isn't so bad" lives, to change our "I'm doing pretty well" routine.

As I approach my layoff date of April 15th, I am reminded what a great opportunity my engineering job is doing for me by going away. I am learning so much as a coach and a person, I can't wait to truly be on my own!

1 comment:

WPG said...

Do you have a website set up yet for your coaching services? Not that very many people read my blog or anything, but still I'd be happy to put up a link for it. I've got one more ski race (Birkie) before I start thinking about the bikes. I'm looking forward to it. Good luck with the career change.